dimanche 10 décembre 2023

Contact, Carl Sagan

- I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you, sweetheart.

- You're not real.

- None of this is real!

- That's my scientist.

- When I was unconscious, you downloaded my thoughts, my memories.

- Pensacola!

- We thought it might make things easier for you.

- Why did you contact us?

- You contacted us. We were just listening.

- There are others?

- Many others.

- They all......travel here through that transit system you built?

- We didn't build it. We don't know who did.

- They were gone long before we ever got here. Maybe someday they'll come back.

- All the civilizations you find come here?

- Not all.

- Is this some test?

- No, no test.

- You're an interesting species......an interesting mix.

- You're capable of such beautiful dreams... ...and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost......so cut off, so alone. Only you're not. In all our searching......all we've found that makes the emptiness bearable......is each other.

- What happens now?

- Now?

- You go home.

- Home?

- But......I have so many questions.

- Do we get to come back?

- This was just a first step. In time, you'll take another.

- But other people need to see what I've seen...

- This is the way it's been done for billions of years. Small moves, Ellie. Small moves.


- We've got video on Ellie!

- She's through!

- She is in the net.

- She's alive.

- Get the President on the phone!

- What's going on?

- How is she?

- Ellie, this is Control.

- You copy?

- What's going on?

- I don't know.

- She's alive.

- Put her on P.A.

- Ellie, hold on tight.

- We're still trying to determine the nature of the malfunction......but the important thing is you're okay.

- What?

- It's all right.

- The important thing is you're safe.

- What malfunction?

- What happened?

- What day is this?

- I'm sorry.

- Did you say what day?

- How long was I gone?

- The IPV dropped straight through the Machine.

- You didn't go anywhere.

- But I did. I did go.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Vieillir et mourir

  En paix avec mes 85 ans faits.   Je ne suis pas de ceux qui voient la vieillesse comme un naufrage. Certes, je suis passablement gâté par ...