dimanche 10 décembre 2023

Interstellar wisdom

  • So... back to the fourth iteration. Let's run it through some new fields.
  • With respect, professor, we've tried that hundreds of times.
  • It only has to work once, Murph.
  • Every rivet that they strike could have been a bullet.
  • We've done well for the world here... whether or not we crack the equation before I kick the bucket.
  • Don't be morbid, professor.
  • I'm an old physicist.
  • I'm afraid of time.
  • Time.
  • You're afraid of time.
  • We've been trying to solve the equation... without changing the underlying assumption about time.
  • And?
  • And that means... each iteration is an attempt to prove its own proof.
  • It's recursive. It's nonsensical.
  • Are you calling my life's work... nonsense, Murph?
  • No, I'm saying that you've been trying to... finish it with one arm... No, with both arms... tied behind your back.
  • And I don't understand why.
  • I'm an old man, Murph.
  • Can we take this point up at another time?
  • I want to talk to my daughter.
  • Stepping out into the universe... we must confront the reality of interstellar travel.
  • We must reach far beyond our own lifespans.
  • We must think not as individuals but as a species.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night TARS kept the Endurance right where we needed her.
  • But the trip took years longer than we anticipated.
  • We no longer have the fuel to visit both prospects, so... we have to choose.
  • But how?
  • They're both promising. Edmunds' data is better, but Dr. Mann
  • is the one still transmitting, so...

  • Murphy's Law.
  • Whatever can happen will happen.

  • I'm drawn across the universe to someone I haven't seen in a decade...who I know is probably dead.
  • Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving... that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can't understand it yet.
  • All right, Cooper...

  • Make him stay.
  • Make him stay, Murph.
  • Make him stay, Murph.
  • Don't let me leave, Murph!
  • Don't let me leave, Murph!
  • It was you.
  • You were my ghost.
  • Cooper. Cooper. Come in, Cooper.

  • You survived. Somewhere... in their fifth dimension.
  • They saved us.
  • Yeah? Who the hell is "they"? And just why would they want to help us?
  • I don't know, but they constructed this three-dimensional space... inside their five-dimensional reality to allow you to understand it. 
  • Yeah, that ain't working.
  • You've seen that time is represented here as a physical dimension.
  • You have worked out that you can exert a force across space-time.
  • Gravity to send a message.
  • Gravity... can cross the dimensions, including time.
  • Apparently.
  • Do you have the quantum data?
  • Roger. I have it.
  • I am transmitting it on all wavelengths, but nothing is getting out, Cooper.
  • I can do this. I can do this.
  • But such complicated data to a child?
  • Not just any child.
  • Cooper...they didn't bring us here to change the past.
  • Say that again.
  • They didn't bring us here to change the past.
  • No, they didn't bring us here at all.
  • We brought ourselves.
  • TARS, give me the coordinates for NASA in binary.
  • In binary. Roger. Feeding data.
  • "It's not a ghost."
  • "it's gravity."
  • Don't you get it yet, TARS?
  • I brought myself here!
  • We're here to communicate with the three-dimensional world.
  • We're the bridge!
  • I thought they chose me. But they didn't choose me, they chose her. For what, Cooper?
  • To save the world!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Vieillir et mourir

  En paix avec mes 85 ans faits.   Je ne suis pas de ceux qui voient la vieillesse comme un naufrage. Certes, je suis passablement gâté par ...